Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23, 2010

Another hot one in Millington today. Though, not nearly as hot as it was last week.

In an attempt to perfect images for face painting, my youngest and I piled up in the living room this afternoon and began painting anything from sunshine, to college names on our arms, legs and backs. She did a great honey bee on my right foot and I am rather proud of the butterfly on her back. The best part of it was spending time with her. Not one time during the day did she ask if we could do something else, or when would we be finished. These moments are too few and far between and I cherish them deeply.

On a sad note, it was another day of arguing with the oldest. As of late, my husband and I both are struggling with having and 'adult' child in the house, and she is on the opposite end of that spectrum with being an adult and living at home with her parents. There are very fine lines there and you never know when the next one will pop up and we are all treading very carefully. That being said, we all need to take care as to how our tone of voice comes out to each other. Once something is said, whether you meant for it to be said hateful or not, there is no taking it back. Innocent as it may have been meant, it is a done deal. At that point, all you can do is apologize, sincerely, and hopefully everyone can move on. Oh, and learn from the mistake and strive not to make it again.

So far, no words to paper today other than the little writing I am doing here now. My in-laws are coming over for supper and then will visit afterward. Maybe this evening I can move ahead some on my short story.

Till then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment