Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22, 2010

Yet again, life has gotten in the way of my writing.

Gah!

How do I overcome this?

I have been told to write when I can, as in 10-15 minutes here, 20 minutes there. I simply can't do that. I have tried. It just doesn't work for me, because no matter what, I either don't have a pen/paper, computer, with me when the opportunity presents itself, or I am in the middle of something else when my mind suddenly decides, "Hey! I'm ready to dump words now!"

Now, on the rare occasions that I do end up with time to myself to write, I go to whichever WIP I am currently feeling, sit down with my computer/pen,paper, and just like that. WHAM! My phone rings, my kids knock on the door (even though I have politely explained several times that unless you are dead, bleeding or dying, DO NOT knock on my door), or some other act of congress that needs that exact moment of my time comes along, and then the mood has passed. The thrill is gone. The mind goes completely blank.

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

How do you resolve it? Do you overcome it? How many bodies have you had to bury to hide your disruptions?

I'm just saying.





No comments:

Post a Comment